SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riff3

dining room updating/decorating help needed!

Cheryl
11 years ago

I have updated my dining room with new paint (SW Copen Blue), wood floors and white linen blend (PB) curtains. Have seen many blue and green dining rooms that I admire. Will not be replacing or painting my current dining room set (I know sets are 'out' but I already own it and am on a budget). How can I further update the room without changing the existing furniture?

I have ideas but then I get overwhelmed and give up on the whole thing! Questions I have:

1. Rug for under table - would sisal/seagrass be good, to reduce the formality of the dining room or would this be out of place?

2. Putting a small desk to the right of the china cabinet for my laptop - cannot decide between a vintage writing desk from craigslist painted a bright green to add color? Or the West Elm parsons white laquer look desk to make the room more modern?

3. Reupholstering the chairs - what fabric? Solid green, trellis green, or a white linen?

4. Want to add green ribbon to the drapes, but my trial experiment with iron on tape and the ribbon didn't go to well, and I don't want to ruin the drapes!

5. Light fixture that is less formal but budget friendly?

6. I have 2 abstact paintings from Etsy framed in gold, but any other ideas for the walls?

Hope this wasn't too long, thanks for any suggestions! I think the start of the room is there, but it needs color and pattern help.

Riff

Thanks for any help

Comments (22)