SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nerd_gw

Resale value--attached garage

nerd
12 years ago

We are looking to remodel our 1940s era home: the kitchen and all of the bathrooms need to be remodeled and we would like to add a casual family room/playroom. We have a detached two car garage opposite the house which is not ideal in the winter and I would prefer to have something attached (safety). We have a design plan that gives us everything we desire but it comes with a hefty price tag (500k!) this includes an attached 3 car garage with an office space and relocating the kitchen to the other side of the house) We are weighing this against the option of foregoing the attached garage and relocating the kitchen and instead remodel our existing spaces while adding on to the kitchen to create a kitchen/ great room). We suspect that this option will be a lot cheaper and still give us what we want minus the attached garage. (i am hoping we could do everything for $250k). I am wondering how much value is added with having an attached garage. We wouldn't be looking to move for at least 20 years. We live on a private driveway and we are going to install an access gate once the renovation is complete.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths