SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnny_gw

Should we update our kitchen counters?

sunnny
14 years ago

Hello, I'm the woman with the piano who some will remember from previous threads. We are now 2 months on the market and have many showings and 2 open houses with good attendance but no offers (other than one on day 4 but she backed out due to she did n't want septic which is ALL you have out in this area). We went several weeks without showings but I was told it was slow all over town and now have had 3 this week. We have probably averaged about 3 per week since first listed.

Last week we put new lighting (a nice old rubbed bronze type finish) in the breakfast area and over the piano and have taken some "stuff" out of the living room. We just decided to add $1500 towards closing costs with a good offer and also are offering a 1 year home warranty. We've dropped the price $2000 to $82 per sq ft which is still slightly higher than others in my area but those are NOT updated.We have nearly everything new such as AC/Heat pump ($4000), new roof,($4000) new hot water heater, newer appliances, newer fence, new paint and all new lighting/fans and new carpeting I'm told we're at a good price. Some of the homes here are priced at $78 but they look VERY dated.

My question is that my kitchen counters are in good condition (not used as a cutting board LOL) but are the old almond laminate. I can replace them for about $400 if we DIY which we're good at. Do you feel it would show better and make a difference? No one in my area has solid or granite so I won't go that route but would consider adding an updated color of laminate. I also know how to tile so could possibly add a simple tile backsplash behind the stove for some WOW factor. Our cabinets are a nice oak and are in good condition.

What are your thoughts??

Getting anxious!!!

Sunny

Comments (8)