SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2bme_gw

what other ideas to buy a house that isnt on the market?

happy2bme
16 years ago

We recently put an offer on a large home here that was on the market and it did not work out, wasnt the price but the closing date.

So we are concentrating on our current neighborhood, since we just moved from another state and our children are finally comfortable with friends..etc. There are no homes on the market within these few streets. We are looking for a larger home on a larger lot.

So I did put a nice blank card with explanation of our situation and offered to purchase their home if interested without a realtor, no need for us to sell our current home to buy another and top dollar in a flattening market (no dollar amount given) to 3 appealing homes in our area that had older home owners, 2 owners have other homes in other states.

One did not respond, one said they didnt know where they would go, the other said it had not crossed their mind, but now are thinking about it, but do not sound too committed to sell anytime soon, and the 2 that did respond said they would keep my lovely card incase they decided to move. Should I have written a price in the card?

I dont want to be a pest, just curious on anything I can do to help the process along, maybe what I should have done differently? etc...

My one friend did this and the owner said NO immediatley and 2 weeks later the owner decided to sell...I could only hope for such luck!

Thanks ahead a time for any furrther pointers...

Comments (10)