SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Found a steal of a deal on Craigs List! Custom cupboards $35/ft

raehelen
16 years ago

OK,

Need to run and go help a friend, but before I do, had to post this, as I've been following Mom43's post about $50,000 cabinets.

I realize this is NOT in the same ballpark or even close, but while perusing Craigslist here in the Vancouver, BC area I came across a listing for new kitchen cabinets for $35 foot. Thinking it might have been someone who is redoing a new house, etc. (all kinds of kitchens available on Craigslist), I phoned as I still have one more kitchen to redo in my basement. Anyhow, this is a carpenter with a shop on his 6 acre parcel a hop, skip and a jump from where I live, and he does custom work- white molded MDF doors with solid plywood cabinets, Blum drawers and Crown molding for $35 a foot each upper and lower, so $70/ft for both. Solid maple are $75 each or $150/foot.

He's in the middle of a big custom job for some lady's family room and he's invited me to come look at it in a week or so as soon as he's finished. I definitely will as I have three bathrooms, a kitchen and 3 armoires I want custom made for our Master BR.

Anyhow, my point is, for those of you who are really watching the bottom line- check Craig's List in your area. Not only are there tons of kitchens that people want to get rid of- but there are lots of small businesses that advertise there for free, and you may find a steal of a deal. I hope this works out, cuz I'm tired of living under my Kitchen Curse. Hope it helps someone else find a deal too!

Comment (1)