SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Protecting the bottom of white cast iron sink--what do you use?

julieste
11 years ago

Is there anything better than those slotted, typical plastic or rubber mats with the drain hole in the middle? I've used these and the pebbly ones too, but they all get cruddy and icky dirty and trap food particles. Does anyone use stainless steel racks in cast iron sinks?

I'm in an odd situation because I just found the last brand new sink on earth (I'm not kidding) in the particular discontinued Kohler model I need. When our new counters are installed in a couple weeks, it will be installed to replace the exact same model that is now 20 years old. The old one still looks mighty good because, after the first few years, I always had a sink mat in it. I'd like to protect the new one right off the bat, but since it is an older model, there are no custom made bottom protectors for this model.

I am just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I know there are lots of stainless steel racks for newer sinks, and I might be able to find one that would work, but I am just wondering if these are preferable to what I have been using all of these years. Thanks.

Comments (25)