SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

active,outdoor-sy retirees,,what do you desire?

Susan
15 years ago

Because I have the land and the location,I'm going to follow this thought for a while and see if it makes sense to make the leap and go for it. I've always been a person interested in the natural world and think there is a large pool of people who share the same desire to live simply,yet easily in the forest. My property happens to be located near enough to everything that I think I could build a small community of 'green' cottages,either for retirement or as second homes.

So,if you are someone near retirement age,thinking about buying a vacation home or primary home,and would like it to incorporate 'green' ideology,,what would be important to you?

For me,it would be ease of use,,no complicated systems which take a steep learning curve to master--I'm no rocket scientist! Second, alternatives which don't add a substantial cost to the home. Third,I'd like to be tied into a community garden,water system and have access to maintained trails and public spaces. Fourth,one level living with plenty of storage and maybe a loft for visiting grandkids--or maybe a communal bunk house? I don't necessarily want to share meals on a regular basis, but a clubhouse for larger gatherings might be useful and fun.

What else would make this an attractive option for boomers who like to snowshoe or garden or birdwatch,,or fish or even pan for gold in the brook?

Thanks for your input,I hope this can be a positive discussion.

Comments (8)