SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2235

front entry porch help needed-pics

lynn2235
16 years ago

All-

First of all...I'm pretty new here but I am already addicted so I'm writing to ask you all for your help/expertise.

Here is a picture of my house. http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/lynn2235/

We need to change the porch. I was originally thinking of keeping the same style and updating the top rail, widening the stoop, and replacing the columns with chunkier ones. THEN I thought about changing the porch to the one that's pictured. But THEN I thought about extending the porch all the way to the right (when you're looking at the house to the right), adding a roof, and 3-4 large, white columns and no rails (my neighborhood has houses loaded with rails so I want mine to be different). Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that but I bet you all know what I mean.

PLEASE I'm begging --- can someone do some photoshop magic and show me what each of these ideas would look like? Or jus tsend me your ideas! I know I need a new walk and landscaping but this is the 'meat' of the project and I can't begin to think about what those pieces will look like until this part is done.

Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

This is our 'first home' that we were going to stay in for 2 years...fast forward 15 years later and we love our neighbors/schools so we know we're not going anywhere until retirement!

ANY help, ideas, etc would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful: porch and house pics

Comments (6)