SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawnbc

My $1500 Make-over

dawnbc
15 years ago

Hi, I've been reading for months with a very rare post here and there and just love looking at all your kitchens. Since I just figured out how to post pictures, I thought I would share my very small budgeted reno.

We've lived here almost 3 years now and did replace all the appliances but I haven't included them in the price. Crown moulding was added the first year and also isn't included.

We have new light fixtures over the island, kitchen table and under the cabinets. The island had an off-centered pot light before.

Island got a total make-over. Before it was one big cupboard with only a half shelf. We partitioned it to make two cabinets and added a full shelf. Even added that free pull-out shelf that someone kindly posted about on the board. Counter with the tiny overhang (for very skinny people?) was replaced with butcher block which I love.

New paint on the cupboards and it looks like a new kitchen. Perimeter counters will be replaced in the future but they aren't number one on my priority list just yet.

Before:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

After:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (30)