SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlettanne_gw

Subway tile less than 8mm-- South Cypress?

ScarlettAnne
10 years ago

Hi! I'm a newlywed doing a "very DIY until we can afford a real remodel" remodel. Our own Ardex concrete counters, changing out only cabinet faces, drawer hardware, etc.

I'm looking at backsplash, and am pretty set on subway. I'm fond of glass in a very light green, and I've got several samples that work, all at the $14.99/sq ft mark. I'm cringing at that, but it seems to be standard, so I'm saving my pennies.

HOWEVER-- I just got a sample of Storka Urban Hues in mint from SouthCypress.com. The color is perfect, the front looks great, but it's half the thickness of the rest of my samples. I would have moved on, but I am completely floored by the level of customer service that came with my order.

My three $1 samples came with a handwritten note thanking me for giving them the opportunity to earn my business. And today I got a call from them, making sure I got my order and asking if I had any questions. I had a few, the guy sent me an email with his contact info if I should have more questions or would like a quote.

Am I being swayed by something I shouldn't be, or have others had experience with them? I worry about the tile looking cheap up, since it will be thin next to the outlets, but no worries about durability.

TIA!

Comments (5)