SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Sliding Barn Style Door for Bathroom? PIC

eldemila
14 years ago

Hoping this would be the best place to post this.

I'm trying to plan a total remodel/gut on a very small master bathroom on a 1960s built home we just bought. The previous owners removed the 28" door that swang in to the bathroom (I've since removed the ugly brown accordian door they put in it's place)

I had planned on putting in a pocket door. I had seen other door options and this seems to be the best way to gain some space.

I had seen an ad for some new hardware from Johnson and in looking at the gallery of ideas from owners who had installed various doors from them, I came across a single sliding door. I had seen it before, but all the pictures I saw had the rail showing on the outside and I hated the look. While looking this morning, I see a picture of the rail INSIDE the bathroom - I never thought of doing it this way (DUH!)

I'm trying to think which would be the better way to go, pocket, save the much needed floor space but have to pay to rip out the wall, replace drywall, etc. etc. OR go with the sliding door with the rail inside but lose the 2" we'd hoped to gain by going with a 19" inch deep vanity vs the 21" that's in there now (figuring in a 2" door) Also, I'm wondering if we could mount something on the interior side of the door if we go with wood (vs a glass with wood frame or something similar), like a towel bar (we'd have to remove the one that's currently on that wall)

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with one of these doors? Comments on my idea of which one would be better?

Below is a link to the pictures I saw on Johnson

Here is a link that might be useful: Sliding Bathroom Door

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH