SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kjmystery_gw

Designers~home decorators..Help, Please...best cellular blind?

kjmystery
14 years ago

Hi, I'm purchasing cellular blinds for my entire home and am wondering what the most popular, "best-looking" neutral off-white shade is in either Levolor or Bali. Anyone have a favorite that they recommend/use all the time that looks really nice as a backdrop to panels along the side. I'm wondering about color but also type of cellular ... double vs. single cell, and fabric type (Levolor designer texture or linen vs. designer color fabric or Bali Northern Lights or Tinted Whites).

My windows are all painted SW Dove White (kind of a slightly warm/cream/yellowish white) and all the cellulars will be outside mount, so when down none of the trim will actually be showing.

Any input would be appreciated ... of if you're a homeowner and love your cellular shades or made a "big mistake" in what you ordered, I'd love to hear from you as well.

I was hoping to order today, but am waiting for more input before placing my order for the whole house.

Thanks so much, in advance, for your help!

Comments (2)

• kjmystery
    Original Author
    14 years ago

One more question ... for an outside mount, would you measure slightly larger than the width for your measurement and, if so, how much would you add to each side? I'm concerned about the windows not being completely square and having the trim showing if the blind hangs down straight and the window is slightly off, exposing some trim along the sides.

Thanks, again ....

• graywings123
    14 years ago

I had Hunter Douglas linen textured looking cellular blinds in my former eat-in kitchen area. The linen texture was subtle but I thought it added a lot to the window.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH