SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkboston

Last minute remodeling change - move the powder room?

bkboston
15 years ago

I posted this in bathroom forum, sorry to cross post but I realized that remodeling forum might be more appropriate.

We are about to start a big remodel and one aspect of the plan has been bothering me, so a friend suggested a solution by moving the powder room from its proposed location to the other side of the house.

I've attached the layout -- proposed move is to the new office/bedroom where it says 'closet' now. How much space would we need there for a powder room? (Note that the office layout as drawn on the plan is not current: the desk is to be by the backyard window and there was to be another closet next to the drawn one).

Any problems with having the powder room open up to the breakfast room? Maybe there's something we could do with the doors to avoid problems related to that? One thing I really like about the move is that the kids will have much easier access to the bathroom from the backyard.

Also - friend thought we could also try to fit a small corner shower in the bathroom so that overnight guests (inlaws?) wouldn't have to hike up the stairs to use our family bath on the 2nd floor.

Can we fit a powder room (or a bathroom with a small shower) in the Office? Any potential problems before I bring it up to our contractor?

THANKS

{{gwi:1401657}}

Comments (11)