SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Recommend a paint color(s) for my kitchen

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and I need to paint before the cabinets go up.

The cabinets are natural maple. The countertops will be Cambria Victoria. Here is a picture I found online of natural maple & Cambria Victoria together.

Appliances in the kitchen will be stainless steel. The floors are red oak stained golden oak.

My kitchen is very open to a eating area and then to a sunken living room and you take a kitty-corner to the front foyer... So all the colors need to go together. I CAN paint the living room and foyer. But I might not get to it for a few months.

The sunken living room is currently Ellen Kennon Buttercream. The rest of the downstairs is Barn Owl White by RL.

The Cambria Countertop paint finder tool recommends BM Clay Beige as a color. I am wondering about the idea of getting 2-3 shades of paint and painting the kitchen one color, the sunken living room another color and then the foyer another color. I am awful at picking out paint colors that I end up being happy with. I really need help in that department.

We'd probably like to keep the kitchen light and airy. So not a dark color there.

Paint trim in the house is white.

Here are some pictures of what the new kitchen will look like when its completed and what the living room and foyer are like.

Sunken living room (the kitchen table is right on the other side of the 1/2 wall)

I am not buying new anything for the sunken living room. So if I paint that, the color has to go with the items that are there right now.

Here is the kitchen table area. DH thought maybe we should change the color at the bump out where the sliding door is?

And here is the foyer. If you are sitting on the couch in front of the windows in the sunken room, and you look straight ahead, you see the foyer.

I have thought about taking down that oak trim piece that wraps around, but I dont know about the top of the closet. I feel like something would need to be there.

So paint ideas? the foyer coudl probably take the darkest paint (but still not really dark) because it has alot of sunlight. But my husband really feels stringly against dark colors.

This post was edited by khallock on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 12:59

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES