SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbpdl

Exterior Color Help, Would Like to Decide Today

arbpdl
10 years ago

I've posted exterior pictures of my house at the link below.

First, even though the existing color scheme of the house is not my choice (I just bought the house and this is how it was) I cannot afford a complete paint job right now and probably not for a couple years.

Today though, I am trying to touch up some areas and freshen up the exterior.

The wicker furniture on the porch is in desperate need of a paint job. It is a dark, sort of army green that was chosen to complement the trim on my apartment previously. It really doesn't go well with the brighter "bottle green" of the trim on this house so I want a differerent color when I repaint them. I also want to repaint the front door.

I have a few choices:

a. I can color match the existing trim paint and use it for the front door (which is what it currently is) and furniture

b. I can go with something different and complimentary for either the furniture and/or the door.

I'm leaning towards b, but having a tough time deciding. If the trim were a darker hunter green, I'd go with a red or dark plum, but it's not and I don't want to look like a Christmas tree house.

As you can see, there is a lot of woodwork on the fence and arbor (plus the deck in back which isn't shown) that is stained a pretty strong fake cedar color. Since redoing that isn't happening this year either, I have to work that in to the process as well.

So, what would you do?

In some of the pix I have my patio cushion hanging on the front door. I did that because it goes well with the cedar and I'm considering that rusty red cedar color for the front door and then a brownish/black for the furniture.

Suggestions?????

Here is a link that might be useful: Front of House Pix

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living