SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mickeysmate

29 days and counting ...

mickeysmate
16 years ago

I've been following the board for quite awhile now, and thought I'd share my story.

DH and I unexpectedly found a new build place at a great price (imagine that!) in the middle of June. Signed a contract contingent on the sale of our current home. So we spent the last week of June and the first week of July getting our house ready. Yes - I work FT, have 2 teenagers and a dog. I worked 16+ hours per day to declutter, paint the first and second floors, and put in new flooring in the foyer, kitchen & 2 BR. New carpet on the first & second floor. Funny thing was we redid our front garden just before we decided to move! In between I interviewed 5 or 6 REagents.

Well, ended up signing with the last one we interviewed. Two candidates were friends but they just didn't have the experience in this type of market. She sold the house across the street in 50 days. They went under contract right before we signed. Signed the contract and went onto the MLS on July 8th. Buried my St.Joseph as the REA walked out the door, and said prayers for buyers to come.

Between July 9th and last Wednesday we had 13 showings and 3 no-shows. Four of the showings were done during OH. Since Wedsneday not one peep. I talked with someone else in the neighborhood who is selling and they have experienced the same thing. Last night I moved St. Joseph so he was in front of the "For Sale" sign (he was blocked by a fire hydrant before), and changed my prayer to "Bring me a contract I can work with!" I still have faith - please remind me of that in a few weeks. Feedback has been positive; just seems to be a "wait and see" market here.

Most of the houses in our neighborhood take 60-80 days even in slow times. We have a 4BR/2.5B EOG TH with a great sized kitchen - rarely available. Only real negative is that the kitchen needs a bit of updating - not horrible & certainly workable. Although I am biased we have one of the better lots in the neighborhood. Most of the houses back to others - we at least look up between the groups behind us. Most others also have a small kitchen in front & even smaller bedrooms. Per square foot we are fairly competive.

Not sure how to post links but try this. I'm thinking it is too neutral in the LR. I'm not a decorator at all so all suggestions are welcome!

http://matrix.mris.com/Matrix/Public/Email.aspx?ID=20376993847

Comments (12)