SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Lazy Susans Everywhere! (H4H)

CEFreeman
13 years ago

It's just killing me.

I've been acquiring cabinets from every which where. I was lucky that my sister gave me 3 beautiful, Norcroft, 100% plywood base drawers. Norcroft screwed up the order & I got double. Direct Buy was going to throw the others out, so the fellow offered it to my truck rather than the dumpster 5 feet further on. Bless him.

Anyway, I've been haunting Habitat for Humanity, Community Forklift, CL, Freecycle, people I know who are remodeling, and making many of them. I have long walls and now, a lot of cabinet space!

I have all I need now. I'm just scrounging for doors. I'm rebuilding some of these, and the slab kind I'm cutting into inset doors. Just gotta find hinges on the inexpensive side. I'll need about 90 of them.

Anyway again, getting to the point of this post is that when I was dying to find a lazy susan, they were no where to be found for under $350. I finally found mine on the side of the road. I win!

Habitat for Humanity in Waldorf, MD has THREE, just sitting there out in their covered warehouse thingy. No doors that I needed, and the cabs are pretty awful out there, but THREE!!! If I could think of another place to put one, I'd buy these just to have them. I have one corner & everything else in the house is a straight run. THREE!!!!!

Something interesting, too. They have a "kitchen guy" that will actually help you design & order cabinets, new, at what looks like 1/3 to 1/2 the price! And most of the $$ goes to H4H!!!

Do explore, and get down and dirty at the thrift stores. If you're painting, as I am, anything can be done. Face frames are a snap to make, so you can do almost anything if the carcass is sound!

THREE lazy susans! I mentioned THREE, didn't I?

Christine

Formerly C F Muehling

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations