SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutbunch

Why list on MLS if you don't want to sell or show?

nutbunch
14 years ago

Hi

So we've been sort of looking at getting a fixer upper, and either fixing it up to rent as we know 3 families that are looking, or see if the fixing up was any good and it would sell for slightly more than the fixing up cost.

We are not in any hurry, but have limited time to see properties, and in our area, the price range we are looking at is really hot. People buy them in a day.

So we bought our house as a short sale, and since we are in no hurry, can wait for the slow bank process. Others seem to shy away from them, so not so much competition.

We found a possible property, priced right, needing the right amount of work. At least on paper. However the listing agent never returns our agents calls to set up a viewing, even though they work for the SAME agency. A week has passed, even when she knows he is working, he will not respond about this property. It's just listed, so couldn't have an offer already, unless the listing agent made one.

Never mind I guess I know a reason. However, I wish if there is an offer pending, they'd at least let Redfin know that it's now contingent.

Comments (9)