SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Student quilt project HELP

rosajoe_gw
14 years ago

I was called this AM and asked if I would be a mentor for a high school senior wanting to make a quilt. I said OK and the mother called me. It is a 17 yo boy wanting to make a memorial quilt for a friend. He knows nothing about sewing!!!!!! I had just assumed it was a home ec project, it is for English!

She asked me if I had a pattern and would it be OK for him to come to my house to make it, and he would have to spend at least 15 hours making the quilt.

He also works part time so I am pretty sure funds are limited. I ask him where he saw a memory quilt and he said he just 'googled it' and saw some pics.

I may be getting in way over my head but he is very polite and my DH will be home too. (small town so I'm safe LOL!!)

He wants to put pics on the quilt and embroidery. I know how to do the pics but I think I will just let him do them at school on their printer and I have an embroidery machine.

Do you think this wall hanging will work for a newbie? I am going to make simplier sashings. This is the least complicated I have found.I will help him make the top and binding and let him tie the quilt at home.

Never assume anything!!!

Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County