SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iwantakitchen_gw

Does this raise a red flag with this desiginer?

iwantakitchen
15 years ago

I talked to 2 different people about helping me pick a backsplash for my kitchen. One person is from a "design business" and the other works for herself and does interior decorating.

The one from the "design business" says they do help with backsplash. He recommends I bring countertop, and cabinet samples to the business to get started. My question here is isn't best for them to actually see the home and the kitchen? That way he can actually see all the elemants in the kitchen and the lighting and how things actually look in the kitchen? I do feel my countertop looks different in my kitchen then elsewhere.

I am also now wondering if they actually have certified interior decorators on staff or if they are really more of an architectural design business.

The other designer works for herself. Her fee is quite a bit higher than the other place. She mentioned a fee for a 1 hr consultation then an hourly fee. The first hr is twice as much as the hourly. I have not met her. Should I expect some kind of interview in person before the one hr consult?

3rd option: I did find one tile place where a gal on staff claims she is a designer and to bring in my countertop sample and she would help. I may try this before doing the above, but again they have not seen the kitchen and how it all actually looks and how the countertop looks in my lighting.

I have taken my countertop to other tile places where someone on staff spent about 15 min with me and gave me some samples to take home but got them home and did not work.

Comments (5)