SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makeithome_gw

Painting my tile? - Cont. 'Please help my stove not look stupid'

makeithome
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

So after reading all of your helpful comments, I realized something... SEVEN YEARS IS A LONG TIME.

I really need to do something about the stove-cabinet situation.

So, we sat down with a kitchen designer at Lowe's and she was able to configure a quick blind cabinet and filler configuration to help with our situation. Total cost from her to order: $400 or so, not including new countertops. Well, I went home and did my own research and tweaked her plan and came up with something cheaper which will fit better.

So now, imagine our floating stove with a cabinet and drawer on the right, and a 6 inch pull out on the left:

That will make me so happy, I can't even tell you!

However, now my brain is getting excited. Once I get that little corner kind of sectioned off, it makes sense to me that I should do something inexpensive for our back splash to make it a bit more of a focal point. I was imagining just buying a couple of those sheets of fake tin tiles and using those as a backsplash. But then the question is, what do I do with the rest of the tile that current runs all the way across our kitchen? It's old tin tile (nothing special... just flat tiles) that have been painted white:

If I painted them the same brown as the walls, would it look stupid? The wall above the tile is a textured wallpaper. Would the brown all the way down be too dark? Should I just paint all the tile, including the backsplash, the same color? If so, what color?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Comments (17)