SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwlewis10

Please help me decorate - paint, windows, slipcover

kwlewis10
15 years ago

I absolutely do not have the decorating nack that so many of you have. I have been visiting these boards for a resource for the past few years but finally got the courage to ask for help. I don't even know where to begin. My top priorities that I wanted to ask for advice are:

1) What color to paint my office. I have NO CLUE what will flow. It's right off the foyer that is in BM "Monroe Bisque" and abuts the family room that is Restoration Hardware "Butter". You can also see into the room from the front door foyer when the doors aren't closed and the two rooms up there are BM "Cypress Green". And I did the powder room in Restoration Hardware "Silver Sage". I got very lazy with a painter we had and had him do the entire back of the house (family room, kitchen, sunroom) in Butter. I told my husband I liked Restoration Hardware "Atmosphere Blue" for the office, but he laughed and said no way would it match. So that will give you an idea that apparently I am challenged with decorating :) I'm going to try and add some pictures for reference.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/kwlewis10/House%200608/

2) Find a slipcover for the couch. The couch works with the dog and 3 kids climbing all over it, but it has had a long life so I thought I could cover it until we can afford a new one. I'm not sure what cover and the best place to find one that would keep with the style? I was looking at Surefit but got overwhelmed.

3) Window treatments for the sunroom. Stuck between flat simple-panel curtains that we can draw closed in the morning when we get beaten with the sun. Or natural woven shades, but I worry there's too much hardness in there. We do need to get a new table and that's on the list when we have money, but we are slowly doing the higher priority things first. I have thought to stain it - it matched our old house.

4) What color to paint our playroom. Here I was also considering doing the Atmospher Blue. You can see the room up the stairs from the foyer. The other rooms off the upstairs hall are BM "Clay Beige", BM "Sweet Sixteen", BM "Kittery Pointe" (I think) and BM "Haystack".

Thank you in advance for any and all help. If you can tell, I am overwhelmed and clueless. I can copy catalogs but am to the point where I don't think I can do that for these things that I want to tackle right away.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/kwlewis10/House%200608/

Comments (8)