SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyl345

Leland $259.16 .. $263.41 ..$265.53 .. (?)

phyl345
14 years ago

are these reasonable prices for the 978-RBSD-DST pull-down Delta Leland faucet? .. in the order listed they are from: Kitchen Depot ($259.16) .. National builders supply ($263.41) .. Faucetsdirect ($265.53) ..

any advice or suggestions ??

thank you ..

Comments (10)

• brickton
    14 years ago

I found it for $242 with free shipping, but all of these seem to be in line.

$242

If you have time, I would suggest putting a saved eBay search on Leland Bronze Pulldown and see what comes up over the next week. I did that with a similar Moen faucet and saved $75 off retail on a brand new faucet.

• lauramn
    14 years ago

I just got our Leland off eBay for $183 plus free shipping...I highly recommend looking there! It was brand new in box.

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

I too found my Leland on Ebay brand new in box for $123.40 and that's with shipping.

I also got my prep sink faucet, a Moen that retails for almost $600, new in box for $109 with shipping.

After getting about $900 worth of faucets for $232, I wouldn't look anywhere else :-)

• phyl345
    Original Author
    14 years ago

looks like I probably could have saved myself some $ if I knew the ins & outs of buying stuff on ebay ... but, alas, I don't know 'nuthin' at all on how to go about it ... sigh ...

guess I'll at least try to find coupons ... at least I *kinda* know how to do that ... my lack of knowledge on how to buy things off the internet makes me feel like a dope .. (grin)

thank you for trying to help me ...

• brickton
    14 years ago

Phyl, if you are interested in a quick how-to shop via eBay, let me know. If I can talk my 67 yr old mother through it, I'm sure I can help you through it as well. However, if you aren't comfortable with it, that's fine, go right to the store and ask for a deal, often times it works.

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

There certaintly are a lot of Delta Leland's on there. 4 of them are at 99 cents right now with zero bids. Odds are almost 100% that as it gets closer to the auction ending (in the next few days), the bids placed on those will bring them up to over $100 for the final price.

If you want to save some money, it's really worth learning the bidding process because really it's not that difficult once you try it. Ebay makes it easy. You almost can't mess up really.

In fact, here is a bare bones step by step if you are interested:

1. sign up for an Ebay account and make sure you are signed in
    2. go to pay pal and set up a pay pal account (this is how you pay). Doing these top 2 steps isn't much different than setting up a GardenWeb account. If you don't want to use pay pal to pay, some people will accept a check in the mail, but it really takes a long time that way. I've been using pay pal for years and use it for way more than Ebay now. It's safe and secure.

2. type in Delta Leland in the search box on Ebay's website. A bunch of items will show up.
    3. Scroll down till you find a faucet you are interested in. Click on it. Information about that faucet will appear. Scroll through and read it. If it's not the one you want, click on "back to search results"
    4. If it is the one you are interested in, type the maximum amount you are willing to pay. You can't miss seeing the bid box where you type in your number. Let's say it's $200. You type $200 in the box and click the icon next to it that says "place bid". You will be asked to confirm your bid.
    5. Take note of when the auction ends (it will say "time left" right above the bid box.) Walk away and don't look back.
    6. The day (and time) the auction ends, log in to Ebay, click on the MY EBAY tab at the top, click on WON in the drop down. If you won the sink, it will tell you right there. It will show up as an item on the screen. If it's empty, you didn't win. It will say there are 0 items won.
    7. If you won, you click the box that says to pay now. It will take you to pay pal and you just follow the directions on pay pal.

*NOTE: Let's say there were 3 other bidders on your faucet. If the highest bidder other than you chooses $175 as his last bid, you will win the sink at somewhere around $176. Ebay will keep your winning price as low as possible based on the other bids on that item.

If another bidders final bid is at $201 or higher, they will win it and you don't have to do a thing.

HTH (hope that helps)

• phyl345
    Original Author
    14 years ago

it never ceases to amaze me how people on this forum are so kind & generous with their time ! .. we are about to go out for a bite to eat; but I am definitely going to study this & give it a whirl later tonight ..

was it Stella who said "I depend on the kindness of strangers" .. strangers on the web .......... thank you .. thank you ...

• scoutfinch72
    14 years ago

"was it Stella who said "I depend on the kindness of strangers" .. strangers on the web .......... thank you .. thank you ... "

It was Blanche actually :)

FWIW, I bought my Delta Victorian on Ebay for about $150.

• phyl345
    Original Author
    14 years ago

aaah yes, Blanche .... bet I gotcha on this one tho: Marlon Brando went to my high school ...
    he was a big trouble-maker .. if memory serves me correctly, the principal threw him out more than once ... just thought you'd find this little factoid interesting ... (grin)

gotta go check out ebay now ...

• mydreamhome
    14 years ago

phyl- to add to the eBay review, if you wait to bid until the last 15 minutes or so of the auction you won't be participating in driving the price up and you may get the item for less than you would have otherwise. If its a really good deal 15 minutes out, just have a seat, make sure you are logged in and watch & wait remembering to refresh the screen every minute or so to watch progress of bidding. Then right before bidding ends (90 to 30 seconds left in auction) enter & confirm your predecided maximum bid & see what happens. Also don't get caught up in the whole bidding process. Alot of times the thrill of bidding takes over & you can end up paying more for an item than you intended to when you could've let that particular item go & started watching another identical item.

Oh, and don't forget, eBay is on Pacific Standard Time. So if you're on the east coast and the auction states that it ends at 3pm, that means it will end at 6pm your time. I lost a faucet that retails for $600+ that went for $129 the other day because I forgot about the time difference. It can get really tricky when auctions end straddling the midnight hour as well. (Ex: It's 5 minutes after midnight east coast time on Thursday, but it's still Wednesday on the west coast.) Good luck to you!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus