SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imrainey

Do you have Quilters' Runs in your area?

imrainey
14 years ago

There's one happening in my area (Southern California) right now.

There are 42 participating stores from Chula Vista near the Mexican border to Lancaster in the Mojave Desert to Palm Springs in the High Desert with a couple stores up in the local mountains as well. I think -- if my math is remotely correct -- that's an area of about 4800 sq miles.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. I've got the southern most part to finish tomorrow.

It's kinda fun and I got to really spend some time at shops in the zones closest to me. I enjoyed that and found a few places I might go back to from time to time. The ones that are farthest away are tougher because so much of the time is devoted to commuting to them. And the worst is falling in love with a shop that's just too ****ed far to drive to for fabric.

So far, I did some damage to the bumper of my car when I didn't see a metal pylon in a parking area =o and I got stuck up in the mountains when a fatal car accident closed the road down =o. A little fabric. A little adventure. ...and more than a little gas. ;>

Here is a link that might be useful: Map to the Southern California Quilters' Run

Comments (13)