SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayjud_mn

ISO Recipie for Bread pudding with Rhubarb.

hayjud_mn
13 years ago

I thought I had saved a recipe for Breading Pudding with Rhubarb in it, that was shared on here. I can't find it. Does anyone recall this or have one?

Comments (8)

• Marcia Thornley
    13 years ago

Oh Please,someone post the recipe! I want it too!

• hayjud_mn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mush,
    I got tired of waiting, so I found Joann FL's recipe for Bread Pudding and used that. I added 2 cups of finely sliced Rhubarb and about 1/2 cup of chopped raisins. I also first toasted the bread (in the oven) before cubeing it. I had found that in another recipe.

Joann's recipe is in the KT collection.

It's not out of the oven yet, but we will have it later with Vanilla Sauce for a topping. I'll let you know later!

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

Oh yummy!

• User
    13 years ago

Let me know how it is, I can't remember when I posted that recipe but it's a good one. I've never used rhubarb, do you have to cook it first?

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Where can we find the KT Recipe Collection?

• Nita__AZ
    13 years ago

Here is a link to the KT Recipe Collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: KT Recipe Collection

• hayjud_mn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Joann,
    I put it in raw and it smells SOOOOO wonderful! I love that vanilla along with the cinnamon in your recipe.

I used a big oval casserole, so it is a little smaller than a 9X13 and with 2 cups of rhubarb added, it's a big thicker. It has been in the oven for an hour and It may be done now - - - - - I'll go and check!

It's Done!
    Here is a picture - I wish I could send the smell!

{{!gwi}}

• hayjud_mn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is VERY Yummy!
    The bottom did get a little too dark by the time it was all done, so it would have been better in a larger pan (9X13)

I used only half the amount of suger in the sauce because it is usually quite sweet. I'm trying very hard to eat a lot less sugar.