SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Guess what happened at joanns today!

dan_the_mailman
11 years ago

I have tomorrow off from work, and want to work some more on my woven quilt, so I went to joann fabrics for more batiks today. I chose 16 different types, and needed 1 foot of each. While they were being cut, one of the workers I've gotten to know came up and asked what I'm working on now. I hauled out my woven block (pictured here) and explained how I was first weaving the fabrics, then sewing them together, creating both the top and bottom of my quilt at the same time. While I was explaining it to her, some of the ladies behind me in line were apparently listening in, because they started asking questions and wanted me to show them what I had done. Lo and behold, here I was, teaching a quilting class at joanns! They were writing down the directions, amount of fabric I used, the width and length of my pieces, everything you could think of. Lol, I loved it! I also told them about our forum here and invited them to stop by. I paid for my fabrics, and walked out of the store with a huge grin on my face. It was totally impromptu, but it was a grand ol' time!

Who knows what's next, eh? When I finish this quilt, I'm going to submit it to a few magazines. Wouldn't it be cool if I found my way into a quilting magazine?

-Dan

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations