SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adi1972

Help- home office in the bedroom- yes or no...

adi1972
14 years ago

Our kids share a bedroom and since they have two twin beds we hardly have room for their toys in that room...

Right now their toys are all over the place- In our office, in the living room, kitchen, bathroom- you name it...

Our son's computer is in the living room and they watch TV in the living room too.

We don't have a family room- it's a 3 bedroom house.

We have already decided to turn the office into their play room (and you gave me some great ideas regarding the world map that I want to place there).

The question is what to do with our home office.

We have 2 options:

1. To leave our computers in the playroom. The problem: I'm working from home and I'm not sure that it can work while the kids and their friends play in the room.

Also, we have two computers and two desks. If i leave them in the room I will not be able to put my son's computer in it and will not have the ideal space for the playroom ...

2. We can move the two computers to our bedroom. We have enough room for that but i'm not crazy about the idea of spending most of my day in the same room that i sleep at...

I'm also afraid about the look of the bedroom/office.

We have two herman-miller chairs and we will not replace them. They look good in the office but in the bedroom???...

I have a picture in mind of this office (see this link) that looks good in that bedroom (But this is a small office with one chair and not two...)

Take a look at that picture or find me other nice ones of offices in the bedroom. I have to decide by Monday...

Many thanks!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: home office in bedroom

Comments (22)