SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Custom drawer insert - am I crazy?

sue_ct
16 years ago

I lost some drawer space in my kitchen when I remodeled but I now have one drawer that is larger/wider than I have ever had before. It is 19" wide and is where I plan to keep my flatware. But it is much larger than I need for just that and it would solve a lot of messy storage problems and keep items in a crock near the stove to a minimum, if I could keep a lot of other items in the same drawer. I looked for weeks on the internet for an appropriate drawer inert but couldn't seem to find what I needed. So I measured some of the other things I would like to keep in there, like a space for measuring spoons, another one for brushes, one for spatulas, a small area for wine stoppers and other small items, the list goes on. I measured out the space I need for flatware and divided the rest into spaces for items less than 6" long, those 6", 8", 12" and 14" long, and a small area for those tiny things. I submitted it to a place that makes custom acrylic inserts for a price quote. The quote is 170.00!!!

That seems outrageous for a plastic/acrylic drawer insert. On the other had it would keep a lot of things organized and hopefully make the best use of the space in that large drawer.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Am I crazy for even considering it? What do you think of the price, am I just being cheap?

Sue

Comments (40)