SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdunk_gw

Kitchen Layout Feedback please!

tdunk
12 years ago

We have been in the planning stages of our kitchen remodel for what seems like a VERY long time. I'm so glad I found this forum before we started...I have learned so much!

I think we are getting close to finalizing our layout and would love to get some feedback. Some issues we are dealing with:

Currently our cooktop is in the island (which is also much smaller than we are planning in the remodel) and we are planning to move it to the perimeter

The post that you see on the end of the cabinets on the right-hand side is currently what they call a "stub wall" (it's a short little wall that sticks into the room) which kind of divides the kitchen and eating areas. We can't completely remove it because it contains a stud that is supporting a ceiling beam. Since we are basically combining the kitchen and eating area by using one bigger island as our prep and eating space, we are looking at removing the wall but keeping a post/column as the support. I would love others' thoughts on this.

The end of the island accross from the cooktop is currently configured with 2 banks of 4 drawers each, for storing dishes, tupperware, and shorter cookware. On the sides of the island there are banks of 3 drawer for stock/soup pots and other taller items.

I look forward to your feedback! TIA!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)