SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

I need help please, with dining room electrical placements

TxMarti
11 years ago

I never thought this part would be so hard.

This is the layout of the room, and we need to get the electrical marked for the electrician.

{{!gwi}}

I would like to have china cabinets on the solid wall, but I'm concerned there isn't enough room. I think my dining table is 60" long without leaves. When leaves are in we can pull the table into the kitchen, so that's not a problem.

So this is what I'm thinking: put recessed outlets at the height for sconces, and put sconces (plug in type) there, covering the outlets. Then later, if we put china cabinets in, its lights will plug in there. Or is there a better place for the plugs?

3d designs for perspective.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I'd also like your opinions on the chandelier. It will be an 8 foot ceiling, and I like chandeliers similar to this one:

{{!gwi}}

Dh thinks it is too big for an 8 foot ceiling. What height should the lights of a chandelier be? or is it the bottom of it that matters when there is a good amount like this one below the globes?

Could you also give feedback on the location of the other outlets and the switches? How far apart are outlets normally? Our electrician said one per wall would be enough, but the inspector said we should have more. This is where the electrician suggested switches. The dining spots will be a 3 way and the kitchen spots are 4 way. I marked it wrong on the drawing. I put that the chandelier is 3 way but I'd rather have the spots 3 way and have the chandelier on a dimmer switch.

{{!gwi}}

This is where I am guessing we will use outlets, but no problem to change any of them. There is a patio outside the sliding doors and I'd like it to be a garden/sitting area.

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for all advice. Dh thinks I should just be sticking boxes on the studs where I want the outlets and I want it to be right.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH