SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

LOTTO - September 2012

K8Orlando
11 years ago

Thank you for joining in the lotto!

NOTE: I'm posting this one early because I think you might want to work on it at the same time you're working on the August blocks. Both can be scrappy so it might save some cutting time.

The block this month is very pretty and makes great secondary patterns when put together in a quilt. In the linked pattern, they used a light background and only 4 colors (green, red, gold, blue), but we'll do this one scrappy; use as many or as few prints as you like. You can make the background scrappy too, if you want but I would stick with light to medium beige(s) so there's enough contrast to see the pattern of the block.

Quilter's Tip: If you don't have much stash and only want to use one or two fabrics, consider using a larger print so all your cut pieces have more variation.

This lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. The winner will appreciate your efforts!

Here's the drill:

> each month there will be a designated block or theme

> you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks

> all blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation, please

> with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)

> if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)

> all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

> you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in

> we have a clever way of choosing the winner, with a couple different quilters involved, to keep it fair

September 2012

For September, our block is Roberta's Jewels. It has smaller pieces than we've been dealing with but straight seams and not many HSTs. It's not hard but may take a bit more pinning to get seams to match up. It will be well worth the effort! Let's use scraps of any color. No juvenile or novelty prints. Please use all cotton fabric, with nicely pressed 1/4 inch seams.

You can find Roberta's Jewel instructions here: Scroll down to the block for August at this link!

I haven't made this one yet, so I included a picture from the instructions:

Don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. This is YOUR lotto!

Kate

Comments (34)