SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loralee_2007

RECIPE: looking for: parents 30th; coleslaw, potatoe salad

loralee_2007
13 years ago

Hi, I am planning a party for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. It will be a weekend affair (Sept 3-6th) as my parents have asked for a deck for their gift, so many of their friends have offered to help build the deck to ensure we get it done that weekend.

The main meal will be Saturday's supper, and I've planned a baby back rib dinner but need recipes for coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans or any other ideas you have.

The kicker is, we have to travel 6 hours to my parent's place, and since this is a deck party, I am looking for items I can prep in advance.

I would also appreciate ideas for "easy" breakfast & lunch suggestions. I'm thinking cereal, fresh fruit, bagels & cream cheese for breakfast. I would like to bring fresh sandwiches (pre-prepared on Friday, but I'm not sure how they would hold out by Sunday?) Would it be better to just get the sandwich ingredients and have people build their own sandwiches?

In thanks for any suggestions you give me, I'll give you the most DELICIOUS pork back rib recipe I have EVER tasted. Normally I make a recipe and then "tweak" it to the way we like. This recipe takes no tweaking whatsoever and is just drop dead to die for.

Mrs. Proffit's Sauce (from Popular Plates BBQ Magazine)

3 C ketchup

1/3 C canola oil

1/3 C cider vinegar

1/4 C sugar

1/4 C dark molasses

1/2 C minced onion

1 T minced garlic

1/4 C Worcestershire sauce

1 T yellow mustard

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Cook on low 20 minutes and let cool 1 hr before using. This last step is important for flavors to blend.

Preheat oven to 275 (convection) or 300 (regular oven). Divide ribs into 3 or 4 ribs/section, spread a small amount of sauce into bottom of oven dish. Layer ribs, coating each rib with a liberal amount of sauce.

Cook in oven for 3 hours, then lightly grill on the BBQ or on Broil for 2 minutes each side.

Thanks for your help.

Lora

Comments (2)