SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvnlife_09

Turquoise carpet, brown bedding, which wall color?

luvnlife_09
13 years ago

Ok with all the recent talk about teal/aqua on this forum, you've brought me out of the woodwork again!!;) My guest room needs help, and the only things I can really change right now are: 1). window treatments, and 2). paint. I am having a hard time visualizing paint colors, have bought some samples, but wonder what the color experts will have to say.....I go back and forth between gray,(which one!?!)for a calming spa feel, and tan (again which one?) for a warm inviting feel. I've sampled SW Kilim beige-seems kinda dead, but who knows?

BM Revere Pewter--not so great with the picture in the brown frame.

SW Urban Putty & BM Grant Beige---uh well maight be ok.

Recently I read about BM Pearl Gray--thoughts?

Attached are some pics...the carpet appears more blue than it is IRL, so I don't know if they'll help.....

I know the decor on the dresser needs work, but that's the least of my worries right now. I just want to bring some color to the walls because what's there right now doesn't have enough intensity for the carpet and bedding. I was wondering about bamboo shades with blackout liners (very bright room in the morning) and wispy white panels against a more intense wall color. What's there right now I think is MS Muslin--not exactly sure. TIA for your thoughts--you've all been a great help in the past!!!

Oh and I love the look of the lime/apple green as a accent to the grey and tan in the pillows, but not sure if it should be a wall color contender? Oh boy, hope you're still with me here:)

Comments (18)