SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

Wouldn't this have scared you???

rosemaryt
14 years ago

I arrived home this afternoon at about 3 pm, and as I pulled into my driveway (driving toward my private, fully fenced back yard), I saw a rough-looking, filthy dirty intoxicated man standing there - inside my large fenced back yard - checking out my house.

I rolled down my window a little bit (in my own backyard!) and asked him, "What are you doing?" He said, "You have a nice backyard. You've got a lot of money in this place. I came back here to look at the landscaping."

He was a rough looking guy and he wasn't a landscaper. Honestly, I was scared out of my wits and I was trying hard to look more angry than frightened, so I asked him what his name was and I asked him where he lived. He answered my questions, after some hemming and hawing.

He went on and on, saying that he was just admiring the pretty back yard (which isn't that pretty). I asked him to stay out of my back yard and not to enter the fenced area again. I also called the cops. They came out and talked to him and said he's probably harmless. Probably.

I'm not so sure. Tomorrow, I'm putting padlocks on the gates.

So, wouldn't that have scared you? It did me.

Rose

Comments (34)