SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hsw_sc

HELP! In-laws new kitchen cabinetsstorage is a hot mess!

hsw_sc
13 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm hoping that you fine folks can help me!!

I have been "hired" by my mother-in-law to try and figure out where to store all of her kitchen things in an already (almost) finished kitchen. Long story short, they bought and gutted a townhouse. The kitchen is beautiful, but the storage behind the cabinets is killing me. No thought was put into where things should go when they made the layout, so I'm having to work with what is there. I'm posting the layouts to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. Lighted glass shelves top the cabinets on the sink and cooking walls and will hold china.

Floorplan shows entry to the DR at the top (cooking wall), and entry to the front hallway on the right. In the island there is a beverage cooler on the right (short)end, a stand mixer lift behind the cabinet facing the sink wall and a shallow spice cabinet facing the cooking wall. The left (short) end has space for a counter stool:

{{!gwi}}

Here is the wall going to the DR. There is and induction top with downdraft, a microwave drawer to it's right, and double wall ovens. Under the cooktop is empty space. Over the ovens are 4 pullout drawers behind the doors (why they didn't put tray dividers here is beyond me):

{{!gwi}}

Wall to the front hall. The corner appliance garage shown has moved to the end of the run on the left (next to the doorway to the hall) and is the width of the cabinet doors above. The blank space to the left of the 4 bottom drawers is an end-of-cabinet-bookshelf. The bottom cabinet door in the right corner is actually a double height blind-corner pullout cabinet. The upper corner cabinet has a four-tier Lazy Susan (again, why?).

{{!gwi}}

Sink wall. Here again you see the upper corner cabinet (sans the appliance garage). The cabinet to the left of the sink is a trash pullout. Over the sink, trash pullout and DW are open cabinets with shelves. Built-in fridge. To right of fridge is pantry.

{{!gwi}}

What to do?

Comments (8)