SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Paint color ideas for this shabby chic bedding??

Scarlett001
9 years ago

In light of the gorgeous duvet that I ordered for the guest bedroom (discussed in my other recent post), I have decided that my very French-formal style master bedroom is due for a change. I want something lighter and airier a la shabby chic.

So I ordered this shabby chic duvet cover, and I will get similar sheets and bedskirt as shown in attached photo (photo is not my room). My current paint colour is a very dark pink/burgundy. It will suffice in terms of working with the pink roses in the duvet, but is not the look I want.

So my question for you is what paint color might work with this duvet cover? My carpet (cannot afford to change at this point) is a lightish blue/gray color. I will be getting new shabby chic type furniture. The room is south-facing, but it is situated very close to side of neighbour's house so not the brightest room. I find that off-whites are very tricky in my house as they play up grey or green if not careful. I live in a climate that is very cold in winter, so while I want the room to feel light and airy, I don't want it to feel too cold if that makes sense.

Given the troubles that I have had with off-whites, I was thinking of a very pale pink (something very subtle) and had thought of a pale blue - but I thought that the pale pink may not feel as cold as the blue. I will attach a promo photo of the duvet to this post (not my room), and then a photo of one possible paint color I had been pondering...

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida