SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairytalebaby

Would anyone care to suggest a dining room table for us?

fairytalebaby
15 years ago

Evidently I have no style. I can't even identify what I think my style may be. I just like things and run with them...even if they may not exactly make sense with other things I've picked out(remember the blue couches I liked last week with my bright yellow walls?).............

So, here I am supposed to be shopping for a dining room table and I have no idea where to start. I have ideas of what I like...but I'm not sure what would work with our dining room (sized 10X12 and open to kitchen).

Here are some pictures for any of you saints who would take time to suggest tables that may work. Even if you just suggest a certain shape that you think would work best with my space I'd appreciate it. I can't figure out if I should be shopping for square, rectangle, round...

Here's the kitchen:

Here's an angled shot of the DR from the kitchen island. The DR is open to the kitchen and has the 3-panel door that leads out onto the back porch.

(ignore the arch and the view into the great room--the arch has since been squared off and cased)

Also, the light hanging in the DR is just a temp light. I couldn't find a chandalier that I "loved" especially without having a table/style picked out.

We're casual without being too "country"...and I like some of the newer trends like the tall square "pub" tables in the beautiful dark woods.

Budget is an issue with us as we went waaaaay over on the new build and haven't sold our current home yet--yikes!

Here are some things I like:

I love these chairs...wasn't in love with the table though

http://www.pier1.com/TopMenu/Products/tabid/260/Default.aspx?task=viewproduct&id=99&urlname=cafe-segovia-dining-table-chair

http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/Showroom.aspx?PageId=Showroom&CategoryID=10&ItemNo=D212-35&SetDomTab=1&SeriesNo=D212&CollectionId=&style=&PageNumber=1&IsClicked=1&CatPageNumber=2

Thanks to anyone who's gotten this far!

Comments (11)