SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Sold and settled.....and we had carbon monoxide!!!

reno_fan
16 years ago

We closed our house on Friday. From listing to closing was exactly 27 days. Talk about break-neck pace! Our other house isn't even finished. They were literally laying carpet as we were moving boxes in. We just got countertops yesterday. We still don't have a kitchen sink and 2 showers aren't finished yet. But we're closed, and I'm relieved.

One of the buyer's requirements was to have a plumber re-do a few things. While my plumber was at my house, he went up into the attic to check something. He came down with eyes as big as saucers and told me that my water heater was incorrectly installed, and has been dumping carbon monoxide into my attic for 4 YEARS! He asked me if I ever had headaches or anything, and then it hit me; I'd been suffering from migraines for years. Stiff neck, tension, VERY bad migraines that would nearly make me sick to my stomach. I told him that, and he said, "Yep, that's carbon monoxide. It's a wonder this didn't kill somebody."

We had the house inspected when we bought it, and our inspector didn't catch it. The buyer's inspector didn't catch it. I'm just glad that my plumber caught it, and was able to fix it.

Scary, huh???

Comments (17)