SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maui9603

What kind of window treatment would you do here?

I was aggressively working on my powder room until my backordered vanity brought the project to a hault. grrrr.

Anyway, we decided to start in our office. My husband custom made floor to ceiling built-ins. the way we set up the desk, it faces the window. Its great for the majority of the day until right now. I'm squinting to the point that I can barely see so please forgive any misspellings! lol. The sun is brutal from 5 pm until sunset.

There are 2 windows separated by a piece of trim. What kind of treatment would you do? I was leaning towards solar shades but I don't have any experience with them. Would you do 2 separate panels and mount from the inside of the frame or hang one large and mount from the bookcase? The bookcases are not painted yet and we haven't received the drawers or picked the top yet. And please ignore the mess on them, I had to load everything back in the room for my son's birthday party. The chair in there right now is a little large for the space and will eventually be replaced. Thanks for your help!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (23)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz