SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalpatsy

Hand quilting show off. Yum!

petalpatsy
13 years ago

I had my downstairs heat pump replaced today. Two good ol' country boys came and were quite nice, greatly admired my son's snake which has just laid two eggs. (!!!!)

And greatly admired my Applecore still on the frame and almost done. I had a thirty year old down on his knees looking at the back of my quilting. (Waaaait, they told me this would never happen!) You could have knocked me over with a feather. He drilled me on how it was completely done by hand, pieced by hand and quilted by hand, and then asked exactly how I had got the sandwich basted (taped to the floor, hand basted over a marble) and just generally looked it over like a show judge. He kinda wanted me to undo the basted over backing to check the stitching on the piecing but I balked and showed him my stitching on the 30 Something, in progress at the ironing board.

:) I passed inspection, and he asked me how much I charged to do a top into a quilt. I was so taken aback, I guess my eyes got wide and I said "I've never done it for money." The other guy fell out laughing. Anyway, I gave him my number and admitted it was only my second quilt so I'd do just one of his grandmother's tops for practice at cost. I'll let you know if he ever calls, but I was happy to show off today even so.

Comments (11)