SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Help me fine tune my living room decor/vignettes (pics)

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

It has been awhile since I've posted any pics of my living room. Since then I've been scrounging around some estate sales when there is a Friday sale. No luck, on the rug front, though. I have still not seen what I want on my price point and am waiting until DH gets his bonus and we've paid the kids' tuition.

I found some really neat stuff at an estate sale this AM and am now in a quandry where to put everything. This estate sale had lots of old books for sale. If anyone is a book lover and can get to Palo Alto it is well worth the trip. Let me know and I'll send the link to the Craig's list ad.

I'm ashamed to say I bought some really beautiful old classic poems (mostly because I liked the condition and color combinations); but they really are a treasure at well over 100 years old. I feel really funny just using them for decor so I am going to try to read them also!

Here they are:

{{gwi:1703896}}

I'm not sure if it would have more impact to display them around the room or all together on my mantle.

I also bought a ginger jar lamp, though I don't like the shade and will replace it.

{{gwi:1703897}}

Please help me figure out how to arrange everything (or tell me if I need to take something out). I still feel I need a few items for my table top decor. I just love cliffandjoanne's table top vignettes.

Option 1:

{{gwi:1703898}}

{{gwi:1703899}}

Option 2:

{{gwi:1703900}}

{{gwi:1703901}}

Option 3:

{{gwi:1703902}}

The little frame picture unfortunately cannot stay--it belonged to my DH's father and DH feels it's too too personal to put in this room; but I like the idea so will try to find a different picture--have no idea what, though. I like the idea of raising up the vase, but not on the books so I'm thinking to buy a small wooden plant stand.

{{gwi:1703905}}

Comments (24)