SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edlakin

Shiloh Cabinets--Initial Impressions/Review

edlakin
15 years ago

My Shiloh cabinets arrived last week and we began installing them yesterday.

My initial impression is that these things are built like tanks. The boxes are all 1 1/2" plywood construction and the sides are 3/4" plywood with 1/4" veneer panels. The drawers are 3/4" plywood as well. These are heavy cabinets. They use all wood hanging rails and wood corner blocks--no plastic except the stuff that they wrapped them in.

They were very carefully wrapped in foam sheeting and then in plastic. Each cabinet was well labelled with a computer-printed label specifying "cabinet no. x" that corresponded to a plan my KD did, so it was very clear where each was to go.

They gave us plenty of panels and fillers as well. We also ordered crown moulding, posts, valences, and other stuff to go with the cabinets but haven't checked those out yet.

The finish is lovely. We got green painted maple with a "pewter" glaze and wear/sand thru, and red stained cherry with a black glaze and wear. Very nice. Glazing is consistent and just in the spots where you'd expect it to be. Wear/Sand thru looks nice, but not overdone.

These cabinets arrived about 5 weeks after we finalized my order. They also shipped all the gadgets (pull outs, tray base, etc) separately so the installers didn't have to remove them to hang the cabinets. nice touch.

All in all, a pretty impressive initial impression.

Comments (165)

• Rudebekia
    7 years ago

Just had my white inset Shaker style Shiloh cabinets installed, and love them. This is the second time I've used Shiloh in a kitchen remodel. If you have specific questions feel free to ask. I looked at Starmark too but didn't like their finishes vs. the Shiloh.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    7 years ago

My Shiloh cabinets are in and they are gorgeous! The finish is outstanding (and I'm VERY picky), and they are clearly a very high quality cabinet.

• Related Discussions

Shiloh vs Thomasville/Home Depot

Q

Comments (10)
    Thanks for the correction. I Googled around and saw a few complaints about Thomasville laminate cabinets. -They yellowed over time -They were equivalent to thermofoil in many ways -Thomasville was rated the absolute lowest of all cabinet manufacturers in the US at a ratings website. They fell under American Woodmark, Homecrest, Yorktowne and Shenandoah! While I don't 100% trust that website and there aren't enough reviews to support it's stance.....but still, it isn't a medium or highly rated company either. This same site placed KraftMaid over Medallion, which I disagree with....but both companies still had better than average reviews. Also read the reviews on Consumer Affairs on Home Depot...see link below. Home depot really does not want to be in the kitchen business....they know it's over their heads and hard to control/manage. I hear they are testing a new way of running their kitchen dept. where all design will be done at one location for the entire USA. Let's see how that works out for them. You are definitely making the right choice with Shiloh. What was the price difference and how big is your kitchen? Number of cabinets? Just curious! Here is a link that might be useful: consumer affairs
    ...See More

Budget Shoppers/IKEA Shoppers

Q

Comments (14)
    Ps. I can't recall the standard guide on Aspect. I think it's Hettich Quadro on a plywood dovetailed drawer box. It is soft close and either full extension or at least 7/8 ext. I'm off for holidays so am not near my spec books. I'll check the website. I remember my co-worker commenting that their standard guide was fine and actually better than the upgraded guide they offered.
    ...See More

Cabinets and remodeling

Q

Comments (58)
    Well,after modifying the floor plan and reevaluating the cabinet construction, upgrades, up charges and dealers, we are planning on the Shiloh Richmond beaded inset door in Chestnut Hickory with a black or mocha highlight. Still deciding if I want slab drawers or 5 piece. I need to see if the price difference in drawers is worth the expense. I have a rather small kitchen and realize that the Hickory itself adds a lot of detail and I just don't want to overwhelm the space. i am going to have almost all drawers. My one concern is picking a counter top and backsplash that won't compete with the cabinets and make it seem too busy. Absolute black was suggested but I am not partial to all black. I was going to go with a maple cabinet to make all of the rest of the choices easier, but the hickory just speaks to me. Kompy, thanks for your assistance. Gayle
    ...See More

Any Recent Showplace Cabinet Experience?

Q

Comments (9)
    Thanks for the advice, Jakuval. (Correct, traditional overlay in my kitchen.) However, I don't want to start messing with these adjustments and making things worse: when I call the dealer and his installation crew back in, they'll say I messed it up. Yes, 1/16" is indeed noticeable to the eye (so, you can imagine the 3/16"s!). I immediately emailed the owner and itemized all of the drawers that were off. He came the next day, took one look, and said, "Hmmm, I don't see any problems here. What's the problem?" Geez, did you not read my detailed email, or are you trying to be funny? He made me point out all the different areas where the drawers didn't align (whether due to size or installation). His comment: "Seriously?! Your eyes can actually see that?" It has been a very rocky road with our dealer. ckahmah: Despite our regional manager being called to the house for a meeting, to lend what advice he could give, at the end of the day you'll need to communicate with SP through your dealer. They/SP don't like to get between a dealer and the customer, as your/customer's business relationship is directly with the dealer. We actually did have huge issues with our appliance cabinet. Turns out either the KD mis-measured the space or she didn't review the oven specs carefully enough. KD told me the 'universal' cabinet shown in her catalog wasn't specific enough. After we rejected their/dealer's proposed remedy (their guy would basically take a saw to the entire cabinet, hack it apart, and rebuild it in our space), we said no go: we didn't pay for a hacked up cabinet to be installed. I realized this was the right call after I double, triple and quadruple checked the specs: the cabinet ordered wasn't even the right width. A new one was re-ordered to spec, on their dime.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Hankins & Associates, Inc. - Kitchens and Baths
    7 years ago
    JPFireUp4: Hi, sorry didn't see your query. I replaced both Shiloh and Teddwood with Signature Custom Cabinetry out of Ephrata, PA. I have 4 different avenues for cabinetry ranging from (home center) competitive to extreme custom. Regardless whether homeowners have us provide cabinetry, or anyone else, key is 'Value for Investment'. Again, sorry about the delay - all the best with your decision.
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    JPFireUp4: A 'PS' ... Thanks for comment about kitchen photo posted (we made that one). Here's a recently completed walnut (beaded inset) Master Bath vanity and (behind) master closet we design/built.
  • jpfireup4
    7 years ago

Beautiful - thank you for sharing.

• jpfireup4
    7 years ago

Cassandra, what did you not like about the finish of the Starmarck cabinets? Anyone else have any comments regarding Shiloh, Starmark and Omega Dynasty?

• Lily Spider
    7 years ago

I do not have starmark but my dad had them installed 5-6 years ago. They haven't had any issues with the finish or the quality of the cabinets or glides. He is happy with them.

• luvn2bfit
    5 years ago

I saw that this is an older post but I have my thoughts/opinions to add. We installed Shiloh cabinets about 10 years ago. We too had issues with the finish but we contacted our kitchen store we ordered them from and they contacted Shiloh. They admitted that they had some issues with the finish around the year we purchased ours but they willingly replaced the doors where the finish was chipping off. No questions asked. Right now we are waiting on a new door in our laundry room and it has been several years. I am in love with these cabinets and the company itself. To me that is amazing customer service. The cabinets are rock solid and they have held up beautifully. I love the pullout shelves as it makes things so much easier to get to and they are very solid. I would definitely order from this company again. We found the price very reasonable as well compared to some of the other brands out there. If you decide on Shiloh you won't be sorry at all.

• Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago
    Beware!!!Do not buy Shiloh cabinets! Just bought $40,000 worth of Shiloh cabinets and had a big gouge in one of the cabinets. Another cabinet didn't take the varnish and that area feel very different than the rest. 2 cabinets had chips in the paint. Shiloh is NOT standing behind their product. The person I bought them from might be pulling her contract from Shiloh.
  • PRO
    5 years ago
    Hi Tammy, not sure what steps have been taken to remedy your issue. However, when there are QC issues such as those you've noted, your dealers phone call to Shiloh would prompt contact by and a visit from a Shiloh Rep. Though the responsibility to facilitate contact is the duty of your dealer, if you're not getting the desired support from Shiloh, you should call them, and ask for the name and number for the Rep servicing your area. I was once a Shiloh dealer and happy to share some (perhaps) helpful insight that could help you navigate this issue. Feel free to contact me.
  • Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there. The Shiloh rep came out and said that the cabinets were with in the relm of what a distressed cabinets look like. The sample that was shown to us looked nothing like the below pictures. Thanks again and we'd appreciate any help.

• Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago

• Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago

• kdarrigo
    5 years ago

We built our home 14 years ago. I regret So much putting Shiloh cabinets in my home! They are terrible !! Spent a lot of money & even had replacement doors installed in kitchen because the originals only lasted a year before the glaze started to peel. Bathroom cabinets are even worse.

So disappointed.

• PRO
    5 years ago
    Knotty Alder? Was the gouge on the faceframe into the bead and door present when cabinet unwrapped? It's clearly been filled with Wax stick. If that was there unwrapped, a no brainer for replacement. The image with the knot... that pretty standard with Knotty Alder. The blotch on the one door (assuming just one door)... they should've replaced it. Circling back on the faceframe (bead) damage. If done onsite by the installer, that'd be on the installer.
  • Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago

Correct. The gouge goes from the door into the frame of the cabinet. That is how I saw it when I came out from working. The people that installed it said that is how it came out of the box. there are other smaller issues too. Chipping paint on 2 of the white cabinets. The rep for Shiloh was not helpful and did not have any insight on any of these issues.Do you still have any connection with Shiloh that someone else could help us please? Thanks again!

• pitterpatter94
    5 years ago

I have Shiloh cabinets through out my house and wanted to comment.

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed. It looks like you choose Beaded Inset with a Rustic Finish. I can tell you Shiloh’s Rustic is RUSTIC, with knots , holes, dark ridges. We ordered a Full overlay with the Rustic Finish for one bathroom and did not realized it would be that Rustic. It works fine for that bathroom. But would not have wanted it for anywhere else. The dealer told me what to expect since the sample did not have the the holes. I was still taken back when it arrived but after the initial shock I am fine with the look.

Was the filled area with wax done by Shiloh in that top photo? If so that is not acceptable. The cabinets come with a wax pen and a paint /stain pen for touch ups. Did your installer try to touch up? But the other marks are consistent with Shiloh Rustic. We have a hole that goes all the way through the door. You should have been told what you could get by ordering Rustic.

Our kitchen cabinets came with one small flaw in the center of a upper door. I never said anything until 2 years later when we were ordering again and they replace the door with no questions asked 2 years later!

We are very happy with our cabinets 4 years later and give credit to a wonderful installer. A installer can drop boxes, drill wrong holes, jam a door etc. And to our seller who delivered the cabinets to our house himself and provided excellent customer service. I know someone who installed Wayfair and can now appreciate the quality for the price Shiloh is. I will be ordering Shiloh for a bar area this summer. I posted pictures of our Rustic vanity, they are a little dusty from construction but very pretty.

I understand being upset getting cabinets that look roughed up. I hope things get worked out for you. I do not even notice the holes or marks on my vanity now. I had people actually tell me how beautiful the wood is. Everyone one notices the granite and lighting.

• Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago

Thanks. I hope someone can help us. There are so many flaws and discolorations in our cabinets. So disappointing

• pitterpatter94
    5 years ago

Looking at your first photo, I think the installer did the damage and tried to touch it up. The only area we have Rustic finish spots are in the center of the front panel. The door frames are all normal. Nothing that would show up in the beading as seen in your picture.

I am also wondering about the second photo. The finish looks scuffed and find that installer questionable also. The third is definitely Shiloh’s Rustic Finish.

• PRO
    5 years ago

Tammy, what area are in you in? Can you email me (contact info on my profile) with more specifics. I could reach out to my "then" Rep. Shiloh, like many manfacurers, use "independant reps" vs. "factory reps". Happy to make a few calls. Also, you should have paperwork that came with the job (from Shiloh) that has a Job# on it. I'd need that before making any calls. No promises, but will make a few calls. J~

• Tammy Edgerton
    5 years ago

We live in the Chicago area. Our order number is 21031. We appreciate all your help!

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

I have painted Shiloh cabinets and have been very happy since they were installed 2 years ago. They are very high quality and both the dealer and installer were topnotch. Shiloh was very helpful with a few ordering errors (not my error but it got corrected at no cost to me!).

• Marianne Galassini
    4 years ago

Tammy Edgerton who were your installers?

• John
    4 years ago

Why is there such a large disparity in different customer experiences? We have a local kitchen design that claims that Shiloh is a lot better than the local Ohio favorite Kraftmaid. Not sure whether I should go with Shiloh or not.

• PRO
    4 years ago

I think it's all relative and ... if the individual telling you Shiloh is superior to Kraft-Made ... is it because they sell only Shiloh. How far are you from Mullet Cabinets?

• John
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Mullet Cabinets is 1 hr 15 mins. Looks like it is an amish builder. I wonder how expensive they are compared to all plywood Kraftmaid cabinets or Shiloh. I know Kraftmaid is a big production cabinet maker (not much in the way of custom), but also a lot cheaper. I am somewhere in the 15-16k range for cabinets from Kraftmaid/Shiloh. Would I be looking for a dealer? Or would I go straight to the source?

• PRO
    4 years ago

Mullet likely more $$$. I'd go Kraft-Made vs Shiloh.

• jooscastle
    3 years ago

Hi! How is everyone feeling about Shiloh cabinets who have had them for a while? We currently have Brookhaven Wood Mode and love them. we are building a new house and the kitchen place we are considering in the area uses Shiloh. I’m wondering how the quality compares to Brookhaven. We will be going with a painted look. Thanks!

• Donna Loren
    3 years ago

5 years later and still wish I hadn’t gone with them. They do not hold up well and wish I had realized the warranty was a whole 3 years. Be warned, they only cover a certain percentage of the project if they have damage. I had about 2/3 of my project had to go back AFTER they arrived at my house. It set the project back close to 3 months and my Kitchen company ate what wasn’t covered by Shiloh. I have pics to prove it all

• davidswat114
    2 years ago

Donna I am currently looking at Shiloh cabinets through my builder. Would you share what area you live in, I.e. south east, north east, west, etc or even the state? I’m going with a painted cabinet but maybe stain the island for the kitchen. I am disappointed to read so many negative reviews. Any information you can add to your original post would be appreciated

• Donna Loren
    2 years ago

Going on 7 years later, and I wouldn't change a thing I've said about Shiloh. They are the worst. Their CS is worthless (as stated previously) because if anything happens during delivery and it was NOT delivery that caused it, they only cover a certain percentage. My kitchen is aesthetically pleasing, but that's it. Anything that slightly touches this knicks the paint and it gets worse as time goes on. I am in the NE, Central NY to be exact. IMHO, STAY AWAY! I can't be any more emphatic. I will NEVER use Shiloh again.

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

Thank you Donna Loren for sharing. So sorry about your issues with your Shiloh Cabinets.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 years ago

Can you post a few pictures Donna? I've carried Shiloh Cabinetry for 11 years since 2010 and sell close to a half million a year of that brand. I've not had one client come back to me on any long term warranty issues or that they're unhappy with the finish. Painted cabinets, in general, show more wear and tear than stained finishes.

• HU-929846478
    2 years ago

My cabinets were trimmed by an adolescent blind child. Absolutely MISSREABLE . I have contacted dealer and they were to notify manufacturer...2 weeks ago...NO ANSWER YET

• HU-929846478
    2 years ago

We recently had our new Shiloh cabinets installed. The glaze was obviously painted on by a blind adolescent child. UNBELIVEBALY TERRIBEL. We contacted our sales rep who was to contact corporate...we have had NO CONTACT for 2 weeks. TERRIBLE

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

Thank you for sharing HU092986478. So sorry this has happened to you.

• S LYP
    2 years ago

I recently purchased Shiloh cabinetry for my kitchen remodel project. The cocoa stained cherry wood looks amazing but I do see quite a few nicks on the cabinet doors and also had a very tall cabinet that a had a huge bubble on the side of the cabinet. For this review I will only discuss my trouble with the cabinet bubble defect. Unfortunately, the bubble defect was not discovered until the cabinet was installed. I immediately contacted the company I purchased the cabinets from and they promptly contacted Shiloh for a replacement. Now here’s where the story becomes interesting, since the cabinet is installed with moulding attached I requested Shiloh to also send new moulding just in case the old moulding became damaged during the uninstall of the defected cabinet.
    3 weeks later I receive the new cabinet and a phone call from the cabinet dealer that I owe them $300 for the new moulding because Shiloh will not cover the cost since the cabinet should not have been installed if the installer would have inspected the cabinet before installation. At this point I’m very irritated because the defected cabinet should have never been shipped to me if Shiloh’s QC department did their job was my response.
    At this point it’s also very disappointing to know that the cabinet dealer I worked with is not supporting the fact that Shiloh should cover the moulding cost or perhaps the cabinet dealer should cover this cost. What is the cabinet dealers responsibilities to make sure the cabinets received are in good condition prior to delivery to a customer. Why assign a designer and project manager to my project if they can’t take the time view the product themselves as well. But I guess since I didn’t use cabinet dealer’s installation services their care for the customer and quality of the product diminished. Why hasn’t a Shiloh rep been out to view my issues??

• PRO
    2 years ago

Sly, 

1. That sounds like Shiloh. Sorry, no surprise there.

2. Yeah, the dealer SHOULD BE embarrassed asking you for the $$$. The dealer is YOUR advocate.

• John
    2 years ago

@The Kitchen Place any comment on Donna's statement about warranty -> "...because if anything happens during delivery and it was NOT delivery that caused it, they only cover a certain percentage." Why would they only cover a certain percentage? I expect PERFECT tender of the cabinets. If I inspect them when I receive them and find issues, I expect it replaced or 100% refund

• Christina Sterling
    last year

I wish my Polar cabinets looked this good. Mine all have paint cracks in the joinery. Delivered then installed that way. Is on my bottom cabinets as well. Builder is fighting for replacements and they should be here soon. Fingers crossed and hoping mine look as pretty as yours.

• pitterpatter94
    last year

I thought I would provide a Shiloh cabinet 6 1/2 yr update. Still love my cabinets. We just had them installed in our newly finished basement bar. I will post those pictures also. These pictures are close up of the most used cabinets. There is no wear. We did the option of having the center panel (not the frame) of each door made of Furniture quality MDF. We were assured this was the way to go, with especially a painted finish because the joints expand and over time with a all wood door and will crack the finish at the corner over time. I totally forgot we did that because the quality is so nice.

• pitterpatter94
    last year

We used Shiloh cabinets in our basement bar and bathrooms. Absolutely love them. Having a good installer is so important. One who handles the cabinets with care.

• cristinehoffmann
    last year
    last modified: last year

We are NOT at all satisfied with our Shiloh/Eclipse cabinets! Many of the cabinets arrived scratched. The retailer brought out the regional sales reps to inspect them and they were very rude and didn't want to replace the pieces that were damaged. With a lot of pressure they caved and replaced them. We just received the new pieces and they are no better! STAY AWAY from this cabinet company!!!! I am hoping to reach out to the Executive team to get a price reduction! I will post again if we have any success.

• Christina Sterling
    last year

We had a lot of issues with our cabinets. A number of them were replaced. The tower component around and over the fridge is being replaced for the second time as the first replacement arrived damaged. Our door to the trash bin is constantly not right and a few doors aren’t the right width so being replaced as it shows big gaps. For an extra 30-40k over the builders standard cabinets given the choice I wouldn’t do it again. I don’t think the quality is there.

• HU-242728640
    6 months ago

We just built a new house and were advised to choose between Aspect and Shiloh. We spent the extra money and are VERY SORRY we did. Shiloh does NOT stand behind their products, there is ZERO customer service. These cabinets are worth half of what we paid. The "stain" and glaze was painted on OVER partially peeling stickers in places - now we have areas where bare wood stands out without any finish. Doors do not line up with drawers. Every door had to be adjusted. Many were made to the wrong shape from what was ordered and many, many adjustments had to be made just to get them to fit in the house. Trim pieces were missing and our retailer told us trim only comes with "kitchen" cabinets, but not with "bathroom" cabinets. I wonder how one cabinet is different from another. Drawers cannot hold the weight of dishes. The designers submitted plans to be built that had been changed from the ones we received and approved. One cabinet was replaced because it was made incorrectly (wall ovens set on the floor). Three others that were also made incorrectly were not replaced. We are adding felt stickers to many areas where one door bumps into another or into the wall. Drawers on one side cannot open without hitting drawer handles on opposite walls. Poorly designed, poor construction, real wood, but so is balsa wood. These cabinets will not last a lifetime and will not hold all of our kitchen items. Several shelves are unusable because of false drawer fronts added where doors should have been. They are pretty from a distance and on the website. If you buy these, be prepared to accept what you get because you are on your own to make corrections and repairs. These were a $20k investment. In Shiloh's defense, they do have a warranty. If you are willing to remove the cabinet from beneath your countertop, you can box it up, and pay for shipping to their warehouse in Dudley, MO. After they inspect, Shiloh will decide if they will honor the warranty. Thanks for ripping us off.

• J Sk
    6 months ago

Regarding the doors bumping to each othe or not opening all the way that's the fault of the designer, GC whoever designed your kitchen. It required fillers.

• PRO
    6 months ago

Offering honest feedback to "HU-242728640".

• "Doors do not line up with drawers. Every door had to be adjusted." >> Not uncommon with many mfg's. Transportation will cause doors/drawers to need adjustment. An installer "to do".

• "Trim pieces were missing and our retailer told us trim only comes with "kitchen" cabinets, but not with "bathroom" cabinets." >> Even with kitchens (pick ANY brand), you don't get trim. It's a line item. The dealer selling you the cabinetry specifies, budgets, and orders any and all trim.

• "Three others that were also made incorrectly were not replaced." >> Sounds like the dealer didn't order something correctly OR didn't (doesn't) know the product they sell, whereby "over selling it".

• "We are adding felt stickers to many areas where one door bumps into another or into the wall. Drawers on one side cannot open without hitting drawer handles on opposite walls." >> 100% a designer error. I sold Shiloh years ago. They'll NOT proof your order. Order a cabinet too big... that's on the dealer. Even if the (submitted) plan says 30" wide, they'll make a 36" IF you order 36".

• "Poorly designed, poor construction, real wood, but so is balsa wood. These cabinets will not last a lifetime and will not hold all of our kitchen items. Several shelves are unusable because of false drawer fronts added where doors should have been." >> Again, I was a Shiloh dealer... and yes... they have their issues. But I cannot throw them under the bus for issues that could've been, should've been, addressed by the dealer/designer. Most of your complaints should be directed to them.

Often the problem begins with the designer/dealer/retailer. They fail to educate the homeowner/buyer as to what they're actually getting. If you're told Shiloh is high-end custom... it's not, they're lying. If there are design flaws, that's the designers fault . If the cabinet is flawed, that's on Shiloh. I used to show homeowners the difference between (then) Shiloh and true custom. There is a contrast in quality and (should be) price.

All the best in remedying your issues.

Jerry

• HU-486566783
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

My wife and I installed our kitchen and bath vanities with Shiloh cabinetry seven years ago. The stained finish on the kitchen cabinetry (heatherwood grey on poplar) and the painted finish in the bathrooms (white on maple) are both flawless and beautiful (imho). Note: we did have to get a couple doors in the kitchen replaced upon install because the stain was lighter on given doors. It was resolved quickly and easily. I would buy from them again and recommend them as a supplier given our experience--and I use to be a kitchen designer. PS I am sorry for those who have had issues but I find it soooo hard to believe. Is it an issue isolated to regional distributors or something like it? Here are a few kitchen pics...

• Jerry Hankins, Kitchen Guru
    11 days ago

"Is it an issue isolated to regional distributors or something like it?" Im not aware of Shiloh (or other cabinet mfg's 'similar' to them) using a distributor, so 'dealer' network would be the norm. And YES, with a less than capable and competent designer/dealer, the experience the homeowner experiences with the cabinet mfg. (via the dealer) might not be what they expected if there is an issue.

I've probably said it before in this Shiloh thread, Lord knows I advise my clientele: The experience one has is often hinged on "expectations" ... and dealers should be setting and managing those expectations. When they don't, it can spiral down from there. Sad too, given the investment of both time and money by the homeowner can be significant.

• cristinehoffmann
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

We never did get Shiloh to stand behind their cabinets. We have to have a top panel remade by another cabinet maker! The local retailer who sold us the cabinets is not helping us either.