SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
groovia

Bluish grays and dark blue paint colors

groovia
10 years ago

Hi all! Looking for suggestions on bluish grays and dark blue paint colors. I'm partial to BM colors, but I also speak SW ;-)

I have a small north facing 4 square center hall colonial with 8ft ceilings. Natural light is a challenge and there are no windows on the back of the house. Orangey oak floors throughout.

I have Louisburg Green in my DR, Bronzed Beige in in LR, and will do den in either Wethersfield Moss or Nantucket Gray. I am looking for colors for Powder Room, kitchen, and foyer/stairs/upper hallway, and eventually master bedroom and master bath.

Without getting into too much detail, the blues have a tendency to go too blue with my lighting. For consistency or flow, do I want to use varying shades on a strip for all of these blues and grays, or does it not matter? DH seems to be against using the same color for powder room and master bedroom (Nimbus Gray, perhaps). I also thought I'd pick the same navy for kitchen and master bath. These would be 2 rooms in Navy and white, though. Is that a little boring or bland?

Comments (11)