SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

My Harbor Freight Blade Evaluation

magothyrivergirl
12 years ago

In a few words - you get what you pay for! I should know better, as I believe in buying the best tools you can afford, and I can afford more than $1.49 for 2 blades.

I was trying to steal some time to work on a quilt- blades in both sizes of rotary cutters were skipping - needing to be changed, as did the needle - if only I could get thru about 30 mins! Nope - changed the needle....okay ....quick change on the blade - try the Harbor Freight blade- couldn't get the package open,then the blade was gunked with what appeared to be construction glue - cleaned that with alcohol, as best I could (what am I thinking???)- blade skips and doesn't roll straight. Reclean, still bad - put in another HF blade - still skips, and cuts jaggered on one layer - I clean an area of the mat to make sure it isn't all the cutting slivers & debris - still skips, and I have to press really hard - Stop-put in an Olfa blade...ahhh

like cutting thru butter. This took all my time - big sigh.

The blades are junk for cutting fabric - in my opinion - I know people love them....But if you like sharp, clean, precise cuts....save your money and buy the name brands.

Anyone want my other packs of blades to try?? An old dull Olfa is better than a new, sharp HF-they are meant for cutting carpet. Maybe someone else will like them :-)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living