SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starpooh

Budget Categories for the FKB - yup again

starpooh
13 years ago

"Budget" is definitely the most difficult category in the Finished Kitchens Blog. I've tried several different types of budget breakdowns but have gotten negative comments about each.

What's the best way to handle this?

The original FKB categories weren't specific.

~ "Low Budget" Kitchen

~ "High-End" Kitchen

~ somewhere in the middle

But members wanted more specifics - especially dollar amounts.

So I added this new breakdown to the new FKB (based on comments from an old thread):

~ Super low: under $10K

~ Low: $10K-$25K

~ Medium: $25K-$60K

~ Medium high: $60K-$100K

~ High: ÃÂ $100K-$200K

~ 'Sky's the limit' - over $200K

Then I received responses from kitchen owners who did not want to divulge the cost of their kitchen (completely understandable!) and from those who said it is difficult to quantify dollars across-the-board since the figures will differ greatly depending on where you live and the value of your home.

Personally I think just the low-budget categories should be quantified since many users are working with shoe-string budgets. So the latest budget breakdown on the new FKB lists only low-budget choices. There's an additional section for a cost breakdown for anyone who wishes to specify their exact costs.
Kitchen Basics: Budget

Did you create a fabulous kitchen on a shoe-string budget?

If you'd like to describe the actual cost of your kitchen please enter your details in category 13b. Additional Comments: Cost.

Select one or more

~ Less than $10K

~ Between $10K-$25K

~ Over $25K

~ My cost breakdown is detailed in Section 13b

13b. Cost

Do you want to share the cost of your kitchen? If so you can breakdown the cost here. _____________________

Do you have a preference for budget categories?

What information are you looking for... and how much cost info would you share about your own remodel?

You can also email me offline with your preferences: starpooh at gmail dot com.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022