SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odiegirl13

Would You Put BR-111 Brazilian Teak in the Kitchen?

Christine Clemens
15 years ago

I posted this to the flooring forum (actually twice by mistake now) and did not get a nibble. Hope someone has an idea on this one.

Here is my dilemma. We are doing some remodeling and the original plan was to leave the existing oak flooring in the kitchen but now we have decided to remove the wall between the kitchen and den. The problem is that the den flooring is 3/4'' BR-111 Brazilian Teak. I have been very happy with it in the den but it makes me more nervous in the kitchen. The other consideration is cost. I have 1200 more square feet to do on that level of the house and BR-111 is not cheap. I could use similar looking but less expensive brand, if I can find one, because the rest of the flooring will run perpendicular to the existing one. My designer friend wants me to abandon the teak for a more low maintenance distressed floor that would be more kid friendly. She swears by engineered floors that she has used for years. I am having a tough time with this one. The idea of redoing the den flooring is painful but if I made a planning mistake on that I just need to fix it and move on. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments (7)