SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyny76

I'm color challenged - can you help?

Kathy Rivera
11 years ago

I'm (hopefully!) going to start meeting for cabinet quotes very soon. I really like two-toned kitchens, but I need some help figuring out what color uppers I want.

I have a bad track record of color picking...I know what I like but I can't seem to translate that to an actual choice - it's always too bold or too pastel...

Here are some pictures of the kitchens I really like. My favorite is the first and it's clearly very creamy. I don't want 'white' uppers, I want creamy uppers. But I also don't want yellow - which the first pic is verging on. (Truth be told, I'd love an all yellow kitchen, but there is the possibility of a move in a few years, so I don't want to go too 'out of the box'). So I'm trying to figure out good colors to compare to. Don't know yet how custom I'm willing to go, so I may or may not be limited to a brand's colors. I'd heard KM Canvas was nice so I did check it out at HD and liked it a lot. (But is it really more white and when I get it in my space I'll be disappointed it's not more creamy? See, this is where I'm 'color challenged'. )

Thanks for any insight you might have!

Comments (11)