SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bee0hio

Car Trouble... any thoughts or experience??

bee0hio
11 years ago

Last Oct. dh & I were driving at highway speed,,, 50-60 mph, when all of a sudden dh says, "The car just shut off". Lights were lit up on the dash. He maneuvered over to the side of the road, turned the key off, then turned it on. The car fired right up & we took off down the highway. No further problems @ all. NONE! We thought maybe just a "blip"????

SEVEN months later..... last Friday, 2 ladies & I were on a day trip & on our return, my car with NO warning did this little trick again. Fortunately traffic was light on the 2 lane road & I was easily able to get it off the road. The battery, oil, & service lights were lit up. I didn't know quickly even how to turn on the emergency flashers. We got the book out to look & also to ID the lights that were on. I turned off the ignition & then called dh for "instructions". He said to go ahead & try starting it. Fired right up & we were on our way. No further problem. NONE!

2 days later....... Sunday evening, dh driving, same thing.... NO warning, no hiccoughs, it just dies. Pull over, turn off key, turn on key & off we go. This is no "blip". This is dangerous!!!

It is a 2009 Taurus we've had one year & is still on full warranty. We took it to the Ford dealer Monday a.m. They called about 4:30 & said no diagnosis & would keep it for Tues. No call Tues evening. Well here it is 1/2 way thru Weds & nothing yet, no call.

I am really worried that they won't figure out the problem, & I have this picture of me on the interstate with a big 18 wheeler behind me & my car dies in the midst of heavy traffic. Acccccckkkkkkk! It is SCARY!!! Really scary!

Anyone ever heard of, or had experience with such a problem?

Comments (16)