SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenva2010

Do Picture Frames Need to Match Hardware Color?

jenva2010
13 years ago

I'm still in the renovation phase of our fixer-upper, but starting to think about decorating. We just got all new windows for the front of the house with satin nickel hardware. When we replace doorknobs, we will probably do nickel (or some other silver-toned metal). I suspect that ultimately most of the lighting will be some kind of silver-colored metal.

I have a number of pictures (both photos and paintings) in gold-colored frames. I can't afford to get these reframed. I know I could probably use some product on the existing frames to give them a silvery color, but frankly, I don't want to. I think these pictures look good with the gold frames, which is why either I or the person I bought them from put them in gold frames to begin with.

Does it look bad to have gold-framed pictures hanging in a room where all the hardware and the lighting is silver-toned? Please be honest -- I haven't committed yet to any lighting or hardware (except on the windows), and it would be easy for me to change my choices to ORB or black.

Thanks!

Comments (6)