SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindamarie_gw

should I fix this base cabinet mess before the $6000 granite?

lindamarie
14 years ago

I have decided that it is the cabinet box maker that has messed up my kitchen design. He didn't follow my plans, or pictures, or instructions. Ok, no full overlay. I can deal with that because the doors and drawer fronts are absolutely beautiful, excellent quality, solid mitered raised panel maple. I stained them frost with a mocha glaze.

My biggest problem is the blind sink base cabinet. There is a corner cabinet on the top. There should be a corner cabinet on the base. I think it looks stupid. The box maker/carpenter told me there was not enough room for one. There is room for a corner cabinet next to a window on the top. There is a corner cabinet on the base in the plans. This carpenter is gone and not coming back.

The man would made the doors, drawer front and boxes came yesterday and fixed the hinges so the doors would close right, and installed the drawers.

I thought he could help me fix this sink base and make a corner cabinet. He even said that it was too big. I see this as possibly changing/ordering 4 new doors and moving the drawer box down to the fridge on the right. Right now I have a 3 drawer cabinet flanked by a door on each side. It does look nice that way.

So the question is should I find someone to change the base cabinets to include the corner cabinet OR slap the granite on the way is it now?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert